¶ 1 Leave a comment on paragraph 1 0 Perhaps the most important long-term investment of NCFR during 1955 was the move of the national headquarters from Chicago to Minneapolis in the Fall. From Drexell Avenue, NCFR took up residence at 1219 University Ave. SE Minneapolis in the second floor of the University Baptist Church. It remained there for the next 27 years and has remained in Minneapolis up to the present time.
¶ 2 Leave a comment on paragraph 2 0 Several reasons for the move were considered. First and foremost were the low rent, utility-free space, and the close proximity to the university, which was across the street. Dorothy Dyer was the chair of the Operating Committee while NCFR staffers settled into the group’s new home. The pieces of equipment most urgently needed were an adding machine, a four-drawer file, a work table, and some chairs. It should be noted that at this same time, the Board was continuing its search for a new Executive Director as NCFR had been without one for several months.
- ¶ 6 Leave a comment on paragraph 6 0
- Family Development through Cooperative Nursery School
- Family Life Education in the Community
- Family Life Education in the Schools
- Parent Education
- Education for Marriage and Family Living in the Colleges
- Marriage and Family Research
- Marriage and Family Counseling
- Religion and the Family
- The Law, the Courts and the Family
- Housing and Family Welfare
- Mass Media