¶ 1 Leave a comment on paragraph 1 0 NCFR President Michael J. Sporakowski was a professor in the Department of Family and Child Development and Extension Specialist in Family and Consumer Sciences at Virginia Tech. He was a prolific author of articles, extension curricula, and several edited books. A long-time member of NCFR, Sporakowski also served as Editor of Family Relations. He held several positions on the Board and supported certification for family life educators. He served NCFR at the state and regional levels as President of the Virginia Council on Family Relations (1972–76) and the Southeastern Council on Family Relations (1979–81). He was also an avid golfer.
- ¶ 3 Leave a comment on paragraph 3 0
- President-Elect: Pauline Boss
- Program Vice President: Shirley Zimmerman
- Program Vice President-Elect: Ralph La Rossa
- Membership Vice President: Marilyn Flick
- Public Policy Vice President: Elaine Anderson
- Publications Vice President: Joe Pittman
- Past President: Alexis Walker
- Secretary: Shirley Hanson
- Treasurer: Gay Kitson
- President, Association of Councils: Libby Blume
- President-Elect, Association of Councils: Ann Stanberry
¶ 4 Leave a comment on paragraph 4 0 Sections and their chairs were the following: EE, Joan Comeau; EM, Norma Bond Burgess; FP, Leanor Boulin Johnson; FS, Bernita Quoss; FT, Scott Allgood; FF, Leigh Leslie; IN, John DeFrain; RF, Don Swenson; RT, Alan Booth; SNP Rep, Sharon Dwyer; SNP Representative-Elect, Karen Myers-Bowman.