¶ 1 Leave a comment on paragraph 1 0 Brent Miller, a professor at Utah State University, was the new NCFR President. His research has emphasized adolescent sexual behavior and pregnancy, especially as these relate to family contexts and processes. He is the author of several books and over 100 journal articles and book chapters, many published with students and colleagues. He has received several major research grants from federal agencies. His BS. degree, in psychology, is from Weber State University. His MS degree, in family relations, is from Utah State University. His PhD, in family sociology, was completed at the University of Minnesota prior to becoming a faculty member at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. After joining the faculty at Utah State University, his sabbatical leaves were taken at Battelle Human Affairs Research Centers in Seattle, WA, and at the Demographic and Behavioral Sciences Branch of the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development in Bethesda, MD. He is a consultant to the National Institutes of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. His professional affiliations include the American Sociological Association, the Population Association of America, and the Society for Research on Adolescence. He chaired the Effective Programs and Research Task Force of the National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy. He received the Utah State University Outstanding Graduate Mentor Award in 2000, and became a Fellow of NCFR in 2001. He was appointed Vice President for Research and Director of Federal Relations at Utah State University on October 1, 2001. Previously he was Interim Vice President for Research, and Head of the Department of Family and Human Development at Utah State University. In 2011, he stepped down as Vice President for Research and returned to the faculty in FCHD.
- ¶ 3 Leave a comment on paragraph 3 0
- President-Elect: Patricia Kain Knaub
- Past President: Lynda Walters
- Secretary: Catherine Chilman
- Treasurer: Joe Pittman
- Program Vice President: Patricia Voydanoff
- Public Policy Vice President: Roger Rubin
- Publications Vice President: Gary Lee
- President, Association of Councils: Lee Axelson
- President-Elect, Association of Councils: Connie Steele
- Vice President, Membership: Gary Bowen
- Student/New Professionals Representative: Terri Heath
- Student/New Professionals Representative-Elect: Linda Airsman
- ProgramVice President-Elect: Bill Doherty
¶ 4 Leave a comment on paragraph 4 0 Sections and chairs were the following: Elaine Anderson, PP; Sandra Burge, FH; Russell Crane, FT; Bron Ingoldsby, RFL; Helena Lopata, INT; Judith Myers-Walls, EE; Gary Peterson, FD; Connie Sheehan, FFS; Catherine Surra, RT.