During this time, through the efforts of Ernest Burgess and a wide network of professionals, the state and regional conferences were proliferating.
- The New England Conference on Tomorrow’s Children held a 3-day conference at Harvard University.
- The Rocky Mountain Regional Conference was making plans for a series of meetings.
- The Southern Regional Conference on Family Relations held its second meeting at the University of Alabama.
- The Southern California Conference on Family Relations was held in Los Angeles.
- Other states—Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Oregon, and Virginia—all sponsored well-attended conferences.