¶ 1 Leave a comment on paragraph 1 0 Graham B. Spanier became NCFR’s 45th President. He served as president of the Pennsylvania State University until 2011. Prior positions he held include Chancellor of the University of Nebraska—Lincoln, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs at Oregon State University, and Vice Provost for Undergraduate Studies at the State University of New York at Stony Brook.
¶ 2 Leave a comment on paragraph 2 0 During his tenure as Penn State president, the campus expanded considerably. This expansion included the creation of the Schreyer Honors College, the College of Information Sciences and Technology, and the Penn State World Campus. It also included the merger with the Dickinson School of Law.
¶ 3 Leave a comment on paragraph 3 0 While he was a researcher, Spanier contributed to the publication of 10 books and over 100 scholarly journal articles. As a family sociologist, demographer, and marriage and family therapist, he was the founding editor of the Journal of Family Issues. Spanier published a landmark study in the February 1976 issue of the Journal of Marriage and the Family, titled “Measuring Dyadic Adjustment: New Scales for Assessing the Quality of Marriage and Similar Dyads.” The article included a scale called the Dyadic Adjustment Scale. This research has since been used in thousands of research studies and by marriage and family therapists, and it has been translated into languages throughout the world.
- ¶ 5 Leave a comment on paragraph 5 0
- President-Elect: David Olson
- Program Vice President: Robert Lewis
- Vice President-Elect: Brent C. Miller
- Membership Vice President: Sharon K. Houseknecht
- Publications Vice President: Charles Figley
- Past President: Hamilton McCubbin
- Secretary: Greer Litton Fox
- Treasurer: Rebecca Smith
- President, Association of Councils: Eileen Earhart
- Association of Councils President-Elect: Susan S. Meyers
- Association of Councils Program Vice President: Ramona Powers
- Student/New Practitioner Representatives: Eugenia Barr and Kay Young McChesney