¶ 1 Leave a comment on paragraph 1 0 Stephen Jorgensen, Dean of the College Of Human Environmental Sciences at the University of Missouri since the fall of 2001, was NCFR’s new President. Jorgensen was a former director and professor in the School of Human Environmental Sciences at the University of Arkansas. Jorgensen earned his bachelor’s degree in sociology and Spanish at Hamline University in St. Paul, MN. He also earned his doctorate in family sociology from the University of Minnesota. He had been with the University of Arkansas since 1999. Prior to that, Jorgensen served as Dean of the College Of Human Sciences at Texas Tech University. He also held various positions—professor, associate professor, and assistant professor—at Texas Tech University and at the University of Arizona.
¶ 2 Leave a comment on paragraph 2 0 Jorgensen was a member of the CFLE Committee of NCFR and was the first to serve as President of NCFR with the Carver Model of board governance, which lengthened the term of President to 3 years and reduced the size of the Board from 24 to 9. The Section chairs and Publications Committee chair were no longer on the Board.
- ¶ 4 Leave a comment on paragraph 4 0
- President: Steve Jorgensen
- President-Elect: Carol Darling
- Past President: William Doherty
- Members-at-Large: Karen Bogenschneider, Cheryl Buehler, David Demo, and Leigh Leslie
- President, Association of Councils: Lane Powell
- Student/New Professionals Representative: Hilary Rose