Affiliates in 1996–97
¶ 1 Leave a comment on paragraph 1 0 The task force on the Association of Councils (AOC), led by Libby Balter Blume, had worked for a year gathering data from NCFR history, other organizations, and affiliates. Their report highlighted the fact that the Affiliated Councils were an energizing, vital, and active component of NCFR. With the intent of strengthening relations between the national group and the affiliates, the committee made the following recommendations:
- ¶ 2 Leave a comment on paragraph 2 0
- The creation of five regional networks within NCFR to increase communications & cooperation among existing councils and areas where no council existed. Each region represented at the AOC business meeting. (Regions: Southwest included AL, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA, and WV; Northwest included AK; ID; MT; OR; WA; Alberta, British Columbia; Northern CA; CO; ND; and SD; SW included SC, AR, NV, NM, and WV; Midstates included IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, NE, OH, OK, MO, AR, and WI; Northeast included PA/DE/DC, CT, MA, ME, MD, NH, NY, RI, and VT.)
- Each council was encouraged to collect its own local dues, as long as income does not exceed IRS limitations on NCFR nonprofit tax status ($25,000).
- In addition to the required 10 members required for a council, 51% of state members should also be NCFR members, and all officers be NCFR members.
- A non-journal student membership category should be considered by the NCFR Membership Committee.
- Eliminate the AOC Program Chair position and have the President-Elect assume those duties.
- To strengthen AOC relationship to Sections, each Section selects a representative to the AOC who is already an active section member.
- The AOC President and President-Elect be elected by NCFR membership at large with requirement that the nominee have been a state president.
- All NCFR literature, policies, etc. should refer to the affiliates as the Association of Councils.
- A $5.00 rebate for its NCFR members be allocated to the Affiliate of the NCFR member. A student member’s dues go to the student affiliate.
- An AOC orientation session be held at the NCFR conference, budgeted by the AOC.
- The President’s Fund be endowed to continue a line item for council grants.
0 Comments on the whole Page
Login to leave a comment on the whole Page
0 Comments on paragraph 1
Login to leave a comment on paragraph 1
0 Comments on paragraph 2
Login to leave a comment on paragraph 2